bursa cpns - Before Canva, creating a professional looking design was a complex process - you had to purchase expensive software; learn how to use it; purchase stock photography and fonts for the software; decide on a layout; slice images; receive photos and content via email; design something; upload and email the pdf only to find revisions needed to be made … and then finally be able to prepare your design for web or print.
Since launching in August 2013, Canva has been changing the way in which we communicate. Today our design tool has attracted over 60 million happy users across 190 countries, who have collectively created more than 7 billion designs.
With an integrated marketplace that has both free and paid stock photography, fonts, illustrations, and thousands of templates; a paid subscription that offers the ability to set up a brand kit so users can save their brand colours, fonts and assets, and ensure consistency across their designs; and a print service that gives our users the ability to produce professional prints in a variety of formats and sizes, delivered straight to their doorstep - Canva is disrupting the way we design.
Product Manager - Teams & Education
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually. As a Product Manager at Canva you help set this vision, define what that future looks like, and build the products and features that get us there.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. We are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation as our product grows.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics and iterations.
About the Manage Teams Group @ Canva
The Manage Teams Group is on a mission to empower large teams with flexible configuration and team management capabilities. The group is responsible for driving core product capabilities and seamless user experiences for teams to set up and manage Canva so their team members can thrive! This group is working on a number of exciting initiatives that have a huge impact on Canva’s overall strategy and growth.
The People Management team is responsible for all features relating to helping customers to organise people in a team, from team invitations, creating groups, auto-provisioning of users to UX/UI of People Page in Canva. This team owns one of the key strategic pillars for the Manage Teams Group, and plays a critical role in winning large organisations to set up and use Canva. You will also have the opportunity to define the next stage of the People Management vision and the roadmap!
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop, own and execute the roadmap and strategy for our People Management team
- Serve as a domain expert on organising people in a Team, to help large organisations provision and manage their users in Canva.
- Be a leader for your team along with your Design Lead and Engineering Lead, by rallying the team to buy into your product vision and roadmap, and driving the team to work towards the goals
- Work alongside a passionate, cross-functional team of engineers, marketers and designers to execute the roadmap and deliver an amazing experience to our users.
- Work on high priority growth goals for one of our newest Canva worksuite offerings.
- Set crazy big goals for your team, and hit them!
Skills We're Looking For
- Strong experience as a product manager of a SaaS software product, with experience working at scale a huge plus.
- Someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so.
- A strong communicator - can speak the language of engineering, data, design, operations and can coordinate cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins.
- Strong UX skill set. Understands more than just the fundamentals of good UX, loves Canva’s seamless and simple design and is going to be ruthless in protecting it.
- Someone who can generate insight based on vision, data and user feedback, clearly define a direction for a team and then execute in a fast-paced environment to deliver customer value and delightful experiences.
- An ownership mentality and high agency to get projects from concept to reality as quickly as possible!
- The ability to move ideas from the chaos of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of execution and impact.
What does the first 3-6 months look like?
- Settle in and learn about your team and how users and admins are using our people management features and their key pain points
- Run the daily PM rituals and work with the team to deliver and launch a number of the exciting features and capabilities for our users
- Dive deep into the people management vision and user / admin needs, and define a roadmap for the next season.
- You’ll learn how to think big, really big and take 10x bets You’ll learn to focus on the long term whilst making rapid progress in the short term.
- You’ll learn about working at a founder led company with mission, values and a genuine desire to be a force for good in the world at the heart of everything we do
- You’ll learn how to build products that serve tens of millions of people all around the world
- You’ll learn how to be a visual thinker.
- When you think you’ve made something as simple as possible, at Canva you’ll learn how to make it even simpler
- You learn how to push the boundaries and use your passion and creativity to solve problem that have never been solved
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits
for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.